Friday, December 24, 2010

Slocum on Spray - Good book

I will also post information about books that I am reading and I will give me 2 cents on how valuable or useful they are for someone wanting to learn more about sailing, cruising, or refitting a boat.

I downloaded a free Kindle copy of "Sailing alone around the world" by Joshua Slocum.  It was really pretty interesting to hear about someone that sailed around the word by themselves in a boat that he essentially rebuilt from the ground up.  This took place in the late 1800's and early 1900's so the references and places he visits and writes about are very interesting.  When visiting beautiful pacific islands, the inhabitants are referred to as "savages" because so little was known about these wonderful people.  I do recommend this book for anyone that finds that kind of adventure interesting.

Below is a link to the Free Electronic copy and the physical book copy
Free - Sailing Alone Around the World   
Paperback - Sailing Alone Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment